Are you looking for a smart security home system that is easy to set up, comes with no contracts, and affordable equipment? Opting for a Simplisafe Security System won’t be a wrong choice.
Home security systems have increasingly become important following the numerous cases of burglary. Let’s take a quick look at stats about burglary:
- A break-in occurs at least once every 13 seconds in the United States, according to the Alarm System Report. That means approximately 6,000 thefts are committed every day.
- Burglary is the second-most predominant crime, second only to larceny-theft.
- The majority of the burglaries reported occurred in the daytime
- Breaking are crimes that are somewhat more frequent during summer
- Burglaries occur more frequently in rural areas than urban centers
- Burglaries are decreasing fast across the United States, but not fast enough.
- There are up to 25 million homes in the United Kingdom. But less than 5 percent of these homes have home security.
By now, you must know that you need a proven home security system, one that does an excellent job of protecting your home and possessions.
What is SimpliSafe Security System?
Simplisafe Security System is a DIY (do-it-yourself), all-in-one home security system. Users can readily install this system in their homes without the need to hire the professional services of an installer.
The home security system is a wireless setup that is also very pocket-friendly. This means that almost anyone who desires to protect their home can afford it without breaking the bank.
It comes with two options. However, the first has to do with building your own system, or you go for one of its numerous bundles. All packages come with a base station with a 95dB alarm, irrespective of the option you go for. The alarm is reportedly as loud as a powered lawnmower.
The home security system also comes with a wireless keypad that users can stick right next to their doors using a paint-safe adhesive.
Everything You Need to Know about Home Security System
Do you know that more than two million homes are burgled in the United States annually? This is despite the fact that at least 14 percent of residents in the United States have already installed anti-burglar alarm protection systems in their homes.
This is why getting a home security system is what you need to do to keep your home secured, especially when you are not physically present at home. A home security system is a potential deterrent to burglaries.
And it has been proven that anti-burglar protection systems play significant roles in determining whether or not a burglary will be successful.
The primary reason for investing in a home security system is to discourage crime in your beautiful home. And nine out of ten burglars don’t break into the house when they come across a home security system or an alarm.
Homes that do not have any home security systems in place are highly likely—up to 3.5 times—to be subject to a burglary. Of course, it always makes sense to aid an anti-burglar security system by using deadbolts on doors along with window locks.
But for some odd reason, many people don’t consider obtaining a home security system for their homes. The cost of purchasing an anti-burglary system has also deterred many homeowners today. In most cases, home security systems come with initial installation fees, products, as well as monthly bills.
This is where the Simplisafe Security System stands out from other anti-burglary home security systems.
Why SimpliSafe for Smart Home?
First of all, Simplisafe is very affordable. The package comes with all the wall fastenings as well as batteries that will make the unit work. This means that you can be up and running within minutes, and you don’t even have to fiddle around with Wi-Fi connections or applications, though this may occur later.
What makes Simplisafe unique is that users can purchase items that are sold separately. This includes motion detectors, panic buttons, entryway sensors, glass break sensors, smoke detectors, SimpliCam video camera as well as high-decibel home sirens and put them all together.
The home security system pricing starts at $14.99 per month. However, there are five bundles that you can choose from, depending on what you need.
The five equipment bundles are:
- The Foundation
- The Essentials
- The Keep
- The Knox
- The Haven
Vital Components that Come with the Home Security Unit
Each Simplisafe Unit comes with three indispensable items:
- Base Station: This is the powerhouse or ‘brains’ of the entire home security system. It is capable of alerting the monitoring center when an unwelcome visitor intrudes your home.
- SimpliCam: This is the camera that captures everything that happens at home in your absence. Want to check if there is an intruder or what your nanny is up to? This is the component that does the job for you.
- Wireless Keypad: This component serves as the control center of the home security system. Users can program or set the anti-burglar unit to Home, Off, or Away.
- The wireless keypad is also crucial when installing the security system. This is because it can adjust the settings and also pairs the sensors remarkably well.
SimpliSafe Security System Reviews
The cost of the Simplisafe equipment ranges from $200 to above $500. But what makes this home security system a winner compared to others are:
- No Contracts – Users can cancel the monitoring service at any time.
- Smart Home Connectivity – The home security system works seamlessly with Amazon Alexa, Apple Watch, and even more.
- Equipment Package Variety – Available in several affordable packages
The Simplisafe home security system costs from $14.99/month to $35.10/month, and comes with three distinct monitoring plans:
- Standard Plan (starts at $14.99 per month with 24/7 monitoring access via a user’s smartphone, alerts, environmental monitoring, and mobile application access)
- Interactive Plan (starts at $24.99 per month and includes video alarm verification, smart home functionality, unlimited video, etc.)
- Pro Superior Plan (Starts at $35.10 per month and comes with additional features which include free professional installation, VIP customer support, annual care visits, etc.)
Users of this home security system can download the Simplisafe mobile application from the App Store or Google Play Store. You can arm or disarm the security features of your installed unit.
And if you subscribed to any monitoring plan, you can make use of Simplisafe’s camera-enabled gadget to view live videos. The mobile app also sends notifications each time there is an unexpected activity.
The Simplisafe home security system is one of the best in the market today. It may not be perfect, but it has all you need to protect your home and loved ones from intruders.