Google Home allows you to commute between different places. Besides, Google Home enables you to experience convenient travels. This it does by enabling you to monitor traffic as well as check weather changes in your surroundings.
This article will make you aware of the ways you can set up Home Google services so as to experience convenient travel. Besides, you will get to know alternative means—under Google services—to enjoy your travel. Let’s start;
How to Get Home in An Easy Way while Using Google Home as A Travel Companion
First, you need to ensure the two locations—where your starting point and your home—are set. The following steps will help you to set your locations.
- Ensure your phone and speaker are connected to the same network.
- Open the Google Home app.
- At the top right corner of the page of your google home app is your account. Ensure the google account which is being displayed is the one which also connects to your Google Home. To switch accounts, tap on Add another account option.
- Back to the screen, tap Settings.
- On the settings menu, click on More settings
- Then click on Your places. To change your destination address—home address—type the current address, enter your preferred destination then click OK.
Secondly, set the address of your Google Home device. This you can do by following the steps outlined below:
- Open the app—Google Home
- On the settings menu, tap on the Home address
- Check on the if the location that you need is available. If not, add it then click on Save.
After setting the device location and address, you need to choose a way of getting around. On the Google Home app, this is set as commuting to work. However, depending on your direction of travel as set above, you will not have a problem reaching home—your destination.
To choose a means of travel:
- Reach for More settings from the settings menu.
- Tap More settings followed by Getting around.
- Choose a mode of travel. This can be a public bus, your bus or a motorcycle.
Ask Google Home for directions and travel information. Google will let you know of travel conditions, and the estimated duration of time that you will require to travel.
There are many ways of communicating with Google Home. Some of the common ways of communicating with Google on travel issues are:
“Hey, Google How Do I Get Home?”;
“OK, Google how long will I take to get Home using a bus?” —this lets Google Home estimate time of arrival;
“OK Google how long is the commute?” —this lets Google estimate total travel time when the shortest route to the destination is used. So, Google is able to focus on travel conditions such as traffic jams on the roads. Google Home is able to help you avoid traffic by giving you the shortest route to your home.
Google Home will also specify the travel method as well as the source and destination of your travel. However, this depends on how clearly your question is framed. Still on travel conditions, Google Home will let you know of the weather conditions of the road you are about to travel on.
Depending on your location, you could be forced to use a specific unit of weather—Celsius or Fahrenheit. You can find such settings on the Settings menu of your Google Home app. Click on More settings then tap on weather and choose the unit you desire to use.
“Google How Do I Get Home Without Using Google Home?” —Using Google Assistant and Google Maps as Alternatives
An alternative method is to use Google Assistant. Google Assistant can interact with its surroundings. For this reason, Google Assistant will let you know of traffic updates. Besides, Google Assistant will notify you of the status of traffic as you travel. However, this depends on how specific your request is.
A second alternative for travel is Google Maps. Though Google maps are commonly regarded as an old-fashioned way of smooth travel—in this era of Google Home—it is still useful in ensuring you monitor traffic. Additionally, Google maps are easier to install than Google Home, though have limited services.
Getting to your desired destination should not be a challenge. Google has a variety of services to ensure your journey is well-planned for. Choose the most appropriate, follow instructions and enjoy one of the most successful travels ever.
How to Chagne Wifi for Google Home