How to Use Chromecast with Google Home Mini: A Review
Google's Chromecast, a streaming media player that takes content from the web and plays it on your TV upon request, whereas the Google Home Mini is a compact but very well endowed smart hub.Google's own Google Assistant powers the Google Home Mini. This is an artificial intelligence-powered virtual assistant.
Now that we have seen what both these devices are in definition, we need to know how they work together to improve your experience with regards to Google's services hence the question How to Use Chromecast with Google Home Mini.
The link-up of these devices is an intentional move by Google to enhance the user experience, especially in a smart home. This review will dive deep into how we use Chromecast with the Google Home Mini and the different ways that this takes place.
Various ways of using Chromecast with Google Home Mini:
Use a TV that has Google Chromecast built-in
The first option we have looked at of connecting your Google Home Mini with Chromecast is embraced for TV's that are not smart or smart TV's that do not have chrome cast built-in. This option is for Smart TVs with Chromecast built-in them.
This will allow Google Home Mini to either play streaming content or, in reverse, be used as the audio output. There are additional functionalities such as volume control without the other Chromecast player plugin.
Use Google Home Mini with Chromecast Device
One of the ways of using Google Home Mini with theChromecast is by using the Actual Chromecast dongle that has a port that is connectable to a TV. When the Chromecast is paired with the Google Home Mini, you have the option of using Google Assistant voice commands on your Google Home Mini.
Connecting your Chromecast
- Ensure your Chromecast is plugged into your TV and that it is on the same network as your Google Home Mini, connected to the same Wi-Fi network or router.
- Turn your TV on and ensure Chromecast screen visibility is enabled on your TV
- Launch the Home app on your smart device, either Android or IOS. It's critical to note there are slight variations on both of these platforms.
- Click on the Sign that looks like a speaker in the device's interface and click add a new appliance.
- Follow the Wi-Fi set up instructions and then go back to the App and press continue
- You will get a cipher on your TV and smartphone, and if they match, you're all set to go.
Link Chromecast to Google Home Mini
- Launch the Home app on your smart device.
- Spool down to the more settings option.
- Head to TV's and speakers and press the plus sign
- Select the device that you want to link with your Google Home Mini and follow all other given instructions.
- Remember to label your device, and after the linking is completed, you are done.
Additional features available on Google Home Mini and Chromecast pairing
Once you have paired Chromecast with your Google Home Mini, you can use the Google Assistant voice commands to cast content to your TV for the following content; Netflix, YouTube Music and TV, Google Photos, Spotify, HBO NOW and plenty more besides.
You can use your Google Home Mini to ask ChromeCast to pause, play, skip, or stop content being played on your TV.
When using the Chrome cast plug in your Google Home, Mini can turn your TV on or off.
Linking Google Assistant and Chromecast
The Chromecast dongle is supposed to simplify operating your TV operations whereby your smart device, either Android or IOS (note there are slight variations on both of these platforms), is turned into a remote control device. Google Assistant, on the other hand, enables you to control your TV with voice commands.
To enable this voice commands to work you need a device with Chromecast and a smartphone or tablet with the same
Controlling the TV and speakers with Google Assistant and Chromecast
Chromecast always could control your TV automatically by turning it on or off, and you can do this as well with voice commands. Chromecast does not support full volume controls, but when you say `Hey Google turn up the volume,' the audio output device that is connected to your TV will have its volume increased automatically.
To sum it all up, the Google Home Mini and Chromecast link up is a fascinating one due to its range of functionality, and anyone wanting to use Android capability on TVs should consider them.
What is the Best Home Voice Assistant
How to use google home mini and chromecast